Même un apôtre doit lire. (Even an apostle has to read)

One of the goals I have during my period of sabbatical (cough, cough) is to rediscover how to enjoy spending serious time reading. For some years reading has been squashed into a hurried activity suitable for buses and trams, for snatched moments, for the early mornings when nobody but me is awake.

I used to spend lots of time just reading for pleasure. Whole evenings with a book and, say, Rachmaninov, Dvorak or Bach.

I have been too much a people person.

In many ways this is a good thing. It means I want to see people, to talk with them, to try to encourage them, to have a coffee with them, to pray with them.

But the bad side of it is that I have neglected time alone, and even much of my time alone is spent connecting with people via email, etc. etc.

Cough, cough...

Here's a link to a helpful extract from a Spurgeon sermon. Attention ! It's in French.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen