Well? Matt Damon?

Pat says, "Indistinguishable."

Gwilym says, "Just like him."

Finest 15€ I ever spent!

Seriously, I needn't have worried, and I didn't need my photos. The lady asked me what I wanted and I told her.

It was no harder than in Britain where the barbers all talk a different language anyway - "Do you want it graded? What number?" "I don't know. What's graded and what numbers are there and what do they all mean?"

The only thing was that I heard the word shampooing for the first time and totally failed to recognise it! I find now that the HARDEST thing is recognising English words said in French.

The director of the DEFLE used to lecture us in civilisation, and sometimes when talking about the EU, or academic reforms (the LMD system) or French song he would throw in some English term or other - and I never understood him. Once he said "You never understand me when I speak English." He was right. I didn't. I think it was sometimes the shock of getting an English word slap bang in the middle of a French sentence, mind. Throws you.

Someone asked me recently if I had seen Braveheart and I hadn't the foggiest what they'd said until they spelt it out! It went something like bruvvairrrr. Shampooing goes shaw-pwang. Anyway, I'd washed my hair in the shower this morning so I didn't need shaw-pwang.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Who is, or was, Matt Damon? I recall a Vic Damone, any relation? Whoops! There I reveal my antiquity.
MartinY said…
Matt Damon - star of the 'Bourne' films. Actually I thought Alan would prefer Jean Dujardin. < G >
Alan said…
maybe, but in what role?

Brice de Nice?

I think not!
Anonymous said…
The only 'Bourne' film I can think of is 'Bourne Free', the story of Elsa the lionesse, same era as Vic Damone, but would I be correct in assuming that they're all unconnected, other than by my disjointed logic?

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen