OK - I'm set

And I have rethought the layout of church tables and stuff so that I can do the PowerPoint and the preaching without running all the way round the outside of the room to get back and fore!

I have one person lined up to read. As long as three more people come we'll be OK for readers.

My notes are as good as they are going to get. Some of my French is really clumsy, as you would expect. I have decided to avoid the word auguste until I can get advice on it! Also in 2 Corinthians where Paul says he was beaten with rods I'll have to watch my pronunciation very closely - 25 trois fois j'ai été battu de verges . (I love that passage so much, by the way!)

Tuesday is the feast of the assumption - i.e. a Bank Holiday, so the supermarkets are offering special inducements to get you to go shopping. As we don't usually observe the feast of the assumptionwe'll do our weekly shop then and get about 14 000 000 loyalty points that we can trade in later for an ashtray. (I had to look up the date! It's not my fault. The assumption only became official Roman Catholic doctrine in 1854!)

More to the point, the ring road has been really clogged today with all the traffic heading for the beach or for Spain.

Oh yes, and we drove past the Landaise today - just to check it is still there - and they have started building the two townhouses in front. You never know - they may even finish them before we complete the purchase and move in. This would be good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen