Phew!

Well I lay in ambush for the post lady on her scooter. She eluded me, but left us a couple of catalogues of back to school stuff from the supermarkets. (We have everything except a book on spelling for Gwilym.)

So I rang the bank and got put through to our mortgage person who is handling our application. I said, "Yes or no?"

"Yes", she said, and explained that we could have a fixed rate mortgage at 30% less than our current rent, or a variable rate mortgage and pay less again. We'll weigh it up when we see the figures. (Mind you, we'll be paying till we are 127. §)

"We need some more documents from you;", she said, "your P60 from your last employment in Britain and your contract of employment."

I explained that I don't have a contract of employment. Haven't had one in the last 15 years! I offered to fabricate one for her, but she said an attestation that I work for the mission would do.

So there we are.

Then I scuttled round to the estate agents to find them all in very relaxed mood. All laid-back, chipper and hunky-dory.

So there we are. Once this letter actually comes I'll send off my P60 and my attestation and that'll be it, I think.

Haha! Can it be that simple....?


§ just kidding about 127 - in France you have to pay off your mortgage before you are 72.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen