John Prescott, the Royals and books on France

A couple of things about our time in Britain while I remember!

Books on France

Well - what a vast pile of books by rich and famous people about how they bought chateaux, farms or moutain retreats in France, to farm, to grow olives, vines, to keep goats, to play the piano with a view, or to putter up and down the canals in a narrow boat collecting recipes.

Now what we need is some experienced Christian workers in France, gifted in writing, (i.e. not me!) to write about real life and the work of the gospel in France.

John Prescott

I confess that I felt quite sorry for the man! The press have really got it in for him, and loads of people reflected that in the way they spoke about him. I've never been a great fan of his - but he is what he is, and what he has always been. The effect of the media feeding-frenzy may even be seen in the sudden volume of comments on this particular entry in the blog!

The Royals

I looked earlier at the Telegraph's photos of the Royal family on holiday on that car ferry in the Western Isles. I don't recognise half of them any more! The photos' captions were missing so I haven't the foggiest idea who the younger contingent were!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen