Chez le garagiste

Poor M. Ducasse!

We bought our car second-hand but the first owner had bought it with a 5 year "service compris" warranty. That means your scheduled servicing is free for five years. This will be REALLY worth it when the timing belt needs replacing.

So when we took the car in for its service last November M. Ducasse searched the Citroën database, but the car wasn't there. So he rang the dealer who sold the car, and they confirmed that the contract had been sold by them, but their secretary at the time had not entered a whole batch of these contracts on the Citroën system. They said, "Do the work and we'll pay."

And pay they did, after our garagiste had persuaded them!

So he's going to get his threats in first today, he said. (couper les oreilles - I imagine this is one step up from tirer les oreilles, which is slapped wrists)

He's also going to set us up with a spare wheel - it was stolen by person or persons unknown at some time since our last service. Of course, we'll have to pay for that, but I thought that it's worth putting some work his way that we will actually pay for as some kind of reward for fighting our corner for us with the original dealer!

I can imagine that I am going to end up writing to Citroën and to the dealer before this is over. After all, the contract runs till 2008!

Comments

Alan said…
When, oh when will I learn?

I paraded down through the hot sunshine the 1/2 hour walk to the garage.

"I was just about to ring you. The wheel hasn't come. Can you pick it up lunchtime tomorrow?"

Oh well. I had a nice walk in the SUNSHINE.

But tomorrow I am going to phone before going down!

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen