Catrin's first day back

went well. She likes her teacher, who is new to the school, too.

Pat asked the directrice if it would be OK to take Catrin to the UFM conference which is just before half-term, and she said that's OK. (It means missing two or three days of school.) We have to ask Gwilym's directeur next Monday, but he will probably be OK with it, I hope.

Also they asked for Catrin's end of year report - but we already signed that and sent it back. Hmm. Anyway, I am sure it's not serious.

And thankfully the new teacher checked that everyone had everything on their list of stuff - and Catrin was missing her four cahiers de travaux pratiques, grand format, covered in yellow, clear, red and purple. How could we have forgotten them? (Grand format is 32cm x 24 cm, a fair bit bigger than A4)

So Alan was despatched to get them. I went first to our local Géant. They had some spiral bound, but the kids mustn't have spiral-bound. But that was all Géant had. It was at that point that I remembered why we hadn't got them. We couldn't find any, so we got A4 ones instead...

Well I was hunting in full blood now, so I went to Cultura, the book and DVD and stationery shop. They didn't have any at all.

OK, I would try Carrefour, but if they didn't have any the teacher would have to choose between big spiral-bound or A4 stapled...

And Carrefour came up trumps. Phew!

A cahier de travaux pratiques is actually a nice book. It has pages of grands carreaux (remember these are smaller than petits carreaux) interleaved with pages of blank paper, so you can write and draw. I think the A4 ones may come in handy for me for sermon notes and stuff, because blank pages are good for mindmaps of sermon notes while lines and squares are good for noting down hymns and other stuff like that.

Meanwhile I did admin today - filling in forms for British taxmen - and started work on a Windows Moviemaker presentation of the work in Bordeaux.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So good to hear of Catrin's encouraging day. It would be very nice Dad, if, just occasionally, you were to move over to an adjacent chair and allow her an entry on your blog, just to help her give us a couple of her impressions as to how things are going. Or if not here, perhaps on Pat or Gwilym's blog.

Just a thought.
Alan said…
Well I'll have a go, but I wouldn't hold your breath!

By the way, it's good to have you back, Ken. I am sure everyone agrees.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen