Well, tomorrow is the wedding of Gareth and Debbie in our garden.

My day started with a trip into Bordeaux to buy fans. It's been so HOT and we don't have fans. Electric fans. Afterwards I had a rendezvous with a chappie at Porte de Bourgogne tram stop for a picnic lunch and discussion.

He assures me he was there, and I was, too, but we didn't see each other so I got to eat rather more chicken, cheese and bacon sandwiches than I had planned !

Afterwards Gareth, Debbie, Rob, Marcus, J-P and sundry other folk descended on the back garden and got everything ready for the wedding - seats are in place, cupcakes made, songs rehearsed, vows planned, etc. etc.

Meanwhile I studiously ignored an email which might complicate our UK visit later in the year. Apparently it is no longer possible to add drivers onto a car insurance policy if they are not UK residents. This means that we may not be able to borrow cars when in the UK. So on Thursday we'll look into the real cost of hiring a car. That means pricing up hiring a car and then deducting the cost of rail travel that we won't have to do to get the real cost incurred rather than just the price.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen