A nice, crazy, but NOT very productive day...

So Mrs Davey was in the bookshop today.

"I'll come in and we can have lunch together !"

So I thought I'd tackle my 2008 tax return, which arrived yesterday without a return by date, before leaving on the 11am bus. I also had to phone the bank to check the time of our appointment on Thursday - I entered it in my diary on my phone but something weird happened and I could no longer find it...

ring ring ! "Allo?" It was a good friend from the UK. This would be a long call...

ouais, c'est vrai, et puis... for rather a long time, till :

EEK - it's ten to eleven, I have to go !

I went through the park, calling at the bank on the way.
Nobody was answering the phone. It's best to go in person.
"Quatorze heures." Thought it was.

Into town.
Bus then tram.
Just in time.
Hello dear !
Where to eat?
What about...
Salad bars ?
Let's go see.
Finally :
Cheverus.
Set menu.
Good value.
Steak and chips.
Nice red wine!
And dessert!
And coffee!
Not as planned,
But so good !

Then back to the shop.
Pat's superior (über-volunteer) was held up so I stayed with Pat while a lady tried to faint in the shop.
"Not on my watch!", said nurse Davey.

Then home to :

wash dishes,
cook chicken,
satay sauce,
upgrade phone,
answer emails,
hello dear !

Oh ! Time for bed !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen