A day with some of the lads

Well, not quite.

Yesterday morning Mrs Davey and I were on duty in the Maison de la Bible, and we set up meetings with various folk while we were there :

1) a student who's coming to Bordeaux on the Erasmus programme came in with her parents

2) the parents of a friend came in for a quick cup of tea and a chat

3) one of my French mates called in to catch up on stuff - we used to see each other frequently but now we're going to have to make coffee dates or lunch dates.

Then at 12 I had a lunch meeting with two extraordinary chaps who are very active in caring for the homeless. Every Sunday they prepare enough food for about 70 to 90 people and serve it up in a square near the railway station. They do this out of their own pocket and from their own initiative. They're looking for other folk to get involved. It's not a thing for me to be involved in but I'll keep my ear to the ground.

After that I scuttled off home through the baking heat, 38°C to find my wilting family. A quiet afternoon doing some sorting out after the wedding (clean the grill, for example !).

Then at 6pm Pat and I left through the heat to get the bus for town again. Pat got to the bus-stop and decided to turn round and head for home, but I kept going because I had a meet-up with my friend Pierre at Books and Coffee, a new, posh tea and coffee shop near la Grosse Cloche in Bordeaux. The evening was nice, but Pierre was hungry so we ended up at a creperie at St Michel.





Afterwards Pierre zoomed off on his new racing bike and I swanned off to get the bus - with a 30 minutes wait. Then arrived home 10 minutes after the start of a rather heavy thunder-storm. Hmm.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen