So here I am in England

I had a nice flight over except for one brief spell where the captain explained that we were passing through 120mph winds (like wading through a 120 mph river) which made the plane bounce around a bit. I was squashed in between two very substantial gentlemen but I had legroom.

The airport at Bordeaux was FULL of people. I bumped into an old friend, le petit Suisse, who explained that some flights had been cancelled that morning due to technical problems.

At Bristol airport I had just seen someone who looked like an older, larger version of Bill Farrell when someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was Gerard and Jacqui, on their way to a wedding in Budleigh Salterton. We walked to the car hire place together where I picked up my very basic Polo. It's fine.

Busy roads to Bath. Radio 3 (sorry, I know sometimes it drives you nuts, but I miss it. I haven't found a station like it in France. Here everything seems to be Classic FM style) A nice meal, Marguie and Rupert came round, which was extremely nice of them. Very late to bed ! But I slept very well indeed.

My Orange payg (Camel plan) is still working, so that's my number for the present, but I only have 6p on it, so I need to visit the Orange shop today. Also maybe the Pink Duck music shop. Also maybe charity shops, looking for Horrible history/science/geography series etc.

Oh yes. It's not cold as such. You don't notice the presence of cold so much as the absence of warm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen