Phew !

Last Wednesday the week got into 5th gear and didn't change out of it till this morning !

For me the highlight was on Saturday evening when I was at a garage trying to get the fluid topped up in the power steering and discovered that I needed to scuttle off and let someone into the church. I took to the roads and sat stock still for about 15 minutes because they'd closed the Pont d'Aquitaine and the whole of Bordeaux ground to standstill. (I left the rocade and bullied my way through the town centre - which worked far better).

Anyway this morning maybe I can catch up with myself and perhaps even answer some of those emails I've ignored for a few days (sorry folks!).

The weekend ? Very happy. The morning service at Cenon was full to bursting, lots of new students had found the place via the internet. At Anglade we were a smaller group but in good heart. In the evening we were 17, again from all over the world. Someone remarked on how after the international service you can never predict what language a conversation will use : English, French, Chinese, Dutch, anything's possible.

The English Patient and the Hitchhiker have arrived, are settled in the church, and are rearing to go - just itching to scrape, paint and hit the streets. We have another planning meeting on Tuesday for the Student work. So far all is looking good.

Oh yes - yesterday was "No Car Sunday" in Bordeaux, which together with the closure of the Pont d'Aquitaine meant that again the whole of Bordeaux was plunged into gridlock, everyone was late for the evening service and it took some people 2 hours to drive 5 miles home !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen