Oh joy, oh bliss - mobile phones !

I am due to go to Britain soon, and the last time I was there, although my International Roaming option is set in my Orange phone contract, the phone found the networks but was not authorised to connect.

So I went to an Orange shop in the UK. Of course, it's a different company and they couldn't suggest anything. I looked at my Orange account online and there was international roaming writ large.

So I paid a couple of quid to get my phone unlocked and bought an Orange Pay as you go sim card for a fiver, just to get me going.

On my return I went to the Orange France shop. Oh yes, they said, it's set up on your account but we can't explain why it didn't work. You'll have to phone tech support before you leave for Britain.

So just now I phoned Orange tech support. Oh no, we can't do anything now. You'll have to phone us from Britain.

I think I'll change phone operators...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen