so the car is serviced for almost another year...

I asked our mate who's a mécano whether he knew anyone he could recommend to service the car. It's always good to have someone recommended.

"Bon, me", he said.

So he came today. I'd bought the oil and the filters - in trepidation because I don't know the brands in France. Is Motul better or worse than Feu Vert ? Anyway he was pleased with what I got and Gwilym acted as his gopher and stuff as the filters were changed and the brakes inspected. We then paid him and fed and watered him and sent him on his way with our thanks, a blessing and a cheery wave.

Gwilym may also be one step closer to getting one of his work experience weeks arranged - he'd quite like to work in a garage for a week to see if his passion for cars could turn into a passion to be a mécanicien.

I feel so much better when I've had a look in the oil filler and seen the brake shoes and things. It's great.

"Fine", he said, "you'll get another 300,000 km out of this."

Gwilym's not very pleased. He'd really like us to change the car. But I am as pleased as punch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen