Signing up for the local music school

One of the joys of the rentrée is signing up for the local music school. You have to go along to a meeting for every instrument/pupil and negotiate to try to secure a convenient day and time for your lesson. For me this means four meetings : Catrin for flute. Gwilym for guitar. Alan for trombone. Catrin for children's choir.

Since I have to go anyway I volunteered to do some of the clerical work for the school (it's a club at base - an association), filling in people's forms, working out their bill, taking their cheques, etc. It's a good way to meet people etc.

So Catrin is signed up for flute, but we don't yet know what day or time. (Don't ask !)

I am now signed up for trombone. That was funny. We "clerks" were at the back of the room and in the opposite corners were two desks - at one sat the clarinet teacher and at the other the prof de trombone. I'll pop a photo on some time, when I've got it off my phone.

Basically the clarinet teacher was surrounded with happy, eager pupils and their parents. My prof de trombone has ... two. One of which was me anyway, so basically there was Renaud and my chum Thomas.

Meanwhile I had a wonderful time getting to know my colleague and new friend, Sébastien, who runs some pizzerias in Pessac, and who is remarkably efficient and excellent at mental arithmetic. He's learning the violin.

Two down, two to go. Thankfully I will be in Britain the date of Catrin's parents' meeting at the collège. Sébastien got signed up to go and do the Forum des Associations stand this morning, but I am preaching twice tomorrow and I need today to get sorted for that. AND a friend from church is coming to service the car !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen