Strike!

There's a strike today against the government's plans to allow temporary 2-year contracts where you can be fired at no notice for no reason. The government hope to encourage more jobs by these contracts. (I think we have this arrangement in Britain anyway, don't we? Anyone can be fired in their first 2 years anyway, no?)

Anyway the good old DEFLE knows nothing of these things - and so Littérature actuelle started on schedule (ish) from 8h30 - 10h30. HOWEVER - at 13h30 we have Phonétique in the language labs, and the labs are in the building that is locked up because of the strike. So I imagine that I have nothing now till Stylistique 15h30 to 17h00 then Grammaire till 19h00.

My timetable is settling down. Or at least I know where I am and when. Not like the poor au pairs. They find that they cannot attend all the classes and do their au pair duties. And some students who travel in from far afield are in big difficulties, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen