Bordeaux bulletin

This morning we had another hard frost. We had put the sheet over the car, so we didn't have to scrape the windscreen, but as soon as everyone piled in the screen fogged over inside, so we had to wait for the engine to warm and the blower to clear it before setting off for DEFLE. Why doesn't everyone do heated windscreens now? Or do I just have the wrong kind of car (again)?

This afternoon it is bright and sunny. 16°? Certainly. More in the sun. In the house, without heating, our LIDL combined radio controlled clock and thermometer says 19°, and I am sat in my shirtsleeves for the first time in MONTHS! Bliss.

We got home for lunch and several people were on their front porches looking into the sky. We ran to ours, too, and watched the flights of geese passing overhead in never ending relays. You could hear them coughing and spluttering as they flew.

I'm about to go off and do my homework. Two essays - or perhaps a two part essay - to write for tomorrow. Life is good and the world is a happy place. Till tomorrow morning and the ice again!

I have lost my team member for Litterature actuelle. She's decided she doesn't want the Wednesday early start and late finish. I'm OK with that. Perhaps I'll do Bergounioux on my own. Perhaps I'll do something else. We'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen