The lecturer does it again

Another corking book.

We have to do two dossiers for "contemporary literature".

One should be on a grim, introspective, modern novel of our choice. Actually, my partner and I are planning a revolt by choosing a rather jolly book written by a young teacher about a year in his life in the Paris banlieus.

The second can be on anything from this list:

Perec: Les choses, Un homme qui dort, Je me souviens

Le Clezio: Le proces-verbal, L'extase materielle, La ronde

Benoziglio: Cabinet-portrait, Tableau d'une ex., Quelqu'un bis est mort.

Well I went to the bookshop for the "literary encounter" armed with my list, and found a few of the books dotted about - but Cabinet-portrait was in a pile of staff recommendations. "Buy this if you want to laugh out loud", it said.

I didn't need to be told twice. And it is funny. It reminds me of Three men in a boat.

Trouble is I have to do some kind of po-faced lit-crit thing on it now!

We also have to do a dossier for seminaire de littérature. At the lecturer's suggestion, I have chosen to do Oulipo. If you want to find out about it do a Google search. (Well I'm fed up with books on grief and stuff, frankly!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen