Gants de toilette

I don't know whether I've ever told you about these, but since I sat on one this morning while loading the washing machine with sweaters, and I stil haven't dried out yet, I was provoked into telling you about them.

Basically they fulfill the function that a face-flannel fulfills in Britain, but these flannels are sewn into the shape of a bag, about the size of an old-fashioned sweet-shop's paper bags, and the idea is that you pop your hand in and then soap up the gant de toilette and then you can wash with the right combination of suds and abrasion.

I mention them because when somebody comes to stay they'll generally expect you to provide a towel AND a gant de toilette. So you get some in. They're not expensive, depending on where you buy them and what quality, of course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen