Well it went OK!

People listened very attentively.

I spoke for less time than I had anticipated - I had thought it would be about 1/2 hour, but it was roughly 25 mins., which was fine. (40 mins. would have been WAY too much!!)

Some friends from DEFLE came, which was well excellent.

And my dear French teacher friend is going to take my text and correct the turns of phrase that could have been better. I told her she needs internet so she could correct my scripts before I preach, and I think she's getting connected in the autumn!

And would you believe that my very last verb was conjugated wrongly! Still - I am not the first and I won't be the last. And it wasn't the only one, I'm sure.

But CONCENTRATE? If you drop your guard for a MOMENT the wrong kind of e slips out! I wouldn't have believed it had I not experienced it myself today. I sat down afterwards and had to mop my brow and hold Pat's elbow!

I may have a recording of it, or I may not. A dear chap said "It should be OK because I pressed the record button". Yes, but so had I just seconds before getting into the pulpit! We'll see. If it wasn't recorded I won't have to listen to myself, which would be a blessing!

This afternoon was the service in Blaye and then the AGM of the Eglise Réformée Evangélique de la Gironde. There's a lot to be done.

I'll sleep well tonight!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very good news. Praise the Lord.
minternational said…
D'accord!

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen