Well? What about this house move?

When the estate agent opened we were there with a letter which said basically we have to sign for the house and move before 1 November or we'll be on the streets. They phoned the notaire and explained this, and they said that the signing had been provisionally arranged for tomorrow, but they still lacked a document from the tax office.

Anyway I delivered a copy of the letter to the notaire's office, and also gave a copy to our landlord.

The landlord, ever helpful, said "Why not phone the notaire, ask what document they lack and where to go to get it, then drive over there for it? If it helps I'll ring 'em for you!"

So I have just got home. I'll have a spot of Asterix's magic potion (a cup of tea!) then phone the notaire. It's worth a go!

... 1/2 hour later ...

I had coffee. It's quicker.

I phoned the lady at the notaire and offered to go collect whatever document she lacked. She said that they wouldn't deliver it into my hands because it is concerned with how much the vendors owe on the house, and it assures that if they are selling for less than they owe, she knows. She thanked me for my offer and said it was kind, but I said it was far from kind - that I was trying to avoid being under the bridges with my wife and children.

Anyway, there is a way around this document - you can sequester the price (or something!) - so we have fixed to sign and get the keys on Tuesday 24th at 11h00. So I shall try to sort out a removal firm for Wednesday, Thursday or Friday of next week *. Then we can have the weekend and Monday 31st to clean this place before the new people move in on the 1st.

* our American friend Ben is like real keen to help us move and stuff. He can borrow his boss' lorry and get some strong arm help to cart stuff around, but I still want a price from removers. They're insured, aren't they, for if our sofa causes their bad back to flare up and so on and so forth...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen