The estate agent phoneth

"Monsieur Davey?"

"Oui"

"C'est Brigitte Bardot ici, de Cabinet Depardieu"

"Bon jour"

"Vous allez bien?"

"Jusqu'ici..."

"Ah non! C'est simplement pour dire qu'il faut absolument avoir votre carte d'identité demain pour signer."

As she rang off I could hear her saying "He thought I was ringing with some disaster or other..." while I was thinking "What box are the passports in?"


I rang the notaire earlier to say that the bank were posting a cheque direct to her for our deposit on the house...

"Madame DeNeuve?"

"Oui?"

"C'est Monsieur Davey ici."

"Bon jour.....?"

"Vous allez bien?"

"Oui merci...?"

"Ah non, c'est pour dire que notre banque vous envoie le cheque directement"

"Ah bon!"

Comments

Anonymous said…
Brigitte Bardot de Cabinet Depardieu ! Are you sure this wasn't a wind-up? (How do distinguish in writing between wind-up , meaning to wind up and wind up, meaning to put the wind up someone????)
Alan said…
I confess that I did change the names to protect the innocent, whosoever they may be.
Anonymous said…
But I didn't realise that Brigitte Bardot was your era! hence the confusion. How many other french women do british people know of? Besides Joan of Arc and Marie Antoinette, Madame Curie and ?????
Alan said…
OK, British People! You have been challenged!

Me, I know of Edith Piaf, Catherine deNeuve, Madame de Guyon and Madame de Pompadour (famous for having a haircut like Elvis before Elvis was even thought of)
Anonymous said…
Yes, thought I, initially envious, she never 'phones me! Then I thought of my need for decorum as a professed Christian.

And anyway, have you seen any pictures of her recently??

Well, apart from Joan of Arc and Marie Antionette, I'm only with you on Edith Piaf, (I have a C.D. of hers - and before you make any wise-cracks Davey, I suspect it was initially recorded on a wax cylinder and up-technologised, what a word!, onto C.D.), and Madame de Pompadour. I know not the other two. Oh! I do know two other, extremely young French ladies but, as they're grand-daughters I don't suppose they count!

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen