At the estate agents'

Have you heard anything from the notaire?

Yes, I think we have a date for signing. Haven't you been told?

No.

Oh - it's not in the diary (telephones colleague) oh, no date, but hopefully it should be next week.

That's what they said last week.

Oh. Yes, and the original date was 29 September.

That's right. We have to leave our rented house by 1 November and if we can't have the new house before then we'll have to find a hotel. We have no family here. Also my company has a conference from 23 - 29 October, and I should go. If we can move house next week then I can go, but if not I need to tell my company.

OK, I'll phone the notaire.

(While the agent is on hold) Is it always like this in France?

Yes. 'Fraid so.

So what's the problem?

The notaires have piles and piles of dossiers all the time.

It's bad in Britain, but not like this. Perhaps that's why French people don't move house very often.

(20 minutes on hold later) Don't worry Mr Davey, I'll get in touch with the notaire and ring you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Davey's,
We still don't seem to be getting much further with receiving information from you!! Don't know whether you are receiving our emails or not. Thought we were getting somewhere when we discovered 'Davey's at the Estate Agent' but there doesn't seem to be any further info. Are you all now camping at the Estate Agent's?

If you get this, be assured that we are remembering you in prayer.

The Kingdons.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen