The great pack-up has begun

We are packing up.

Greatly.

I have just packed at the bottom of a box of books the book I was reading (albeit slowly) and that some have asked for comments on.

Ah well, that'll slow that one down further..

The removers Les Déménageurs bretons gave us lots and lots of boxes, some scotch and some bubble wrap for packing the crocks. We still have some full Britannia boxes from our move from Britain, and they are SIX times the size.

Still - when we were packing in Deeside we had to pack the Britannia boxes in situ and leave them where they were! Even with just "stuff" inside they were much too heavy to pick up. These breton boxes are much easier.

I am interested in the relationship between déménager (to move house) and dément (someone who is demented). There must be a link, mustn't there?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Weeell, if you can't face the packing, at least you have the scotch, and if you can't face the scotch, I know an address on the English/Welsh borders to which you could address it. If you CAN face the scotch, I'll happily relieve you of any residue....

All heart, that's me.
Alan said…
Now how did I know that some wag would pick up on that?

In fact Blogger went all beresk on me today when I was trying to scotch any rumours before they start, so you need to read the footnote to the next post!
Anonymous said…
Yes, well, despite your protestations and my comment to the following entry, having just re-read your posting I'm beginning to wonder, - in the words of the bard, "Methinks he doth protest too much". Perhaps that amber liquid is responsible for the confusion and dementure alluded to at the foot of the posting.

Just as I was beginning to give you the benefit of the doubt. (And this evening's study was 1 Cor 13 Love bears all things, BELIEVES all things, hopes all things, endures all things.(v7) (Emphasis mine!) The Holy Bible : English standard version. 2001.
Alan said…
Honestly! Just 'cause I'm in France!
Anonymous said…
And there was me thinking 'Scotch' was another trade name for 'Sellotape'! (Note - I'm coming to your defence!)
Anonymous said…
Doh! didn't read the footnote before jumping in with the obvious, sorry. I'm just too keen to clarify.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen