Long time no post

Sorry I haven't put anything on the blog for a while. We have had a sad few days, and I didn't want to post anything until we were through it.

Why sad? Firstly we started the week a little homesick. Then on Tuesday I heard that my last remaining paternal aunt had died. That closes the chapter for my father's family and generation. Times of loss and family gatherings are the things that most highlight the separation, so it's not been the easiest week. Not only that, but Pat has put her back out again. An old nursing injury, you understand.

Still - we are OK. God is able and faithful. Next week will be better and even gloomy weeks work together for good.

Anyway, today I went to the Tresor Public to register to be taxed. Thankfully the journey wasn't too bad - no donkeys, though I could have done with a star. I drove past the place three times. They told me that I must go instead to the Town Hall to register, and that a counsellor will be there tomorrow all day to help people with the intricacies of it all. How's that for providential timing!

Magnificent!

So I will stagger off there tomorrow and find out all I need to know.

The tax year in France runs from 1 Jan to 31 Dec, so I will be declaring for Sept 4 to Dec 31. Then I will have one last remaining tax form to fill in for the UK covering April 2005 - Sept 4. And that's us transferred over!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen