Five documents!

We had our "final exam before finishing" * in Compte rendu, résumé, synthèse de textes this morning. This is a course I had to take because of choosing history and civilisation. If I had chosen two literature options I would have taken Dissertation, which has been compared to free admission night at the stand-up comedy club. Certainly I attended once and it was a scream! Quand même, hein?

Well this morning we had our final exam - we had to do a synthesis of 5 documents talking about discrimination in the workplace. Five! Thankfully they were short, but it meant our introduction took half a page to list the documents. (Synthèse de textes is another French extreme word game)

We had 90 minutes to do it. It was tight, but I finished within the clock. I handed in three pages of writing. It was neither art nor rocket science, but I'd be surprised if she failed me.

Now for next Wednesday I have a few pages to write about Cabinet portrait by Jean-Luc Benoziglio and my tax form to do so I can go and see them with it at the town hall. I have a nagging fear that I have the wrong tax form - that I have the form for salariés, when I should have the one for professions libérales. We'll see.

* examen final avant la fin - the exam was now so that we can have next Friday off to do the viaduct. Next Thursday is Ascension Day, a bank holiday, so if we cancel the Friday class we can have a REALLY LONG WEEKEND

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen