I found this and thought it strangely encouraging

It reminds me of two other mottos. One from Peanuts. Woodstock is teaching Snoopy to chirp, and Snoopy says "I think it's too late for me to learn a second language". I found it in a book of Snoopy in Welsh, and it became my motto when I was learning Welsh many years ago when I still had a synapse to call my own. I pasted the cartoon in my Welsh folder. Snoopy said "Rwy'n meddwl ei bod hi'n rhy hwyr i mi ddysgu ail iaith".

The second is subtly different. It states that if a thing is worth doing it's worth doing well, but if a thing is REALLY worth doing, then it's even worth doing badly. Good eh?

Some of despair.com is very amusing. Some is not so good. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Reminds me of an adage I adopted years ago, "If at first you don't succeed, give up!"

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen