Boy it's hot, and "the little prince"

It was about 34° this afternoon, I am told. At present it is 10h30 at night and 26° in here. We manage to keep the house pretty cool during the day, by keeping the shutters down and the windows closed. Of course, it means groping about in the gloom, but it's cool gloom.

This evening in literature seminar we talked about "The Little Prince", because someone's doing it for their project thing. It might have helped if I had read the book. I did try once but I have had more success reading things in Chinese, frankly. I found it baffling! This evening helped, seeing it against the background of WWII (1943) etc. Anyway, AGAIN we ended up talking about faith and hope in the face of death. St Exupéry was a somewhat deist catholic, it appears.

Well, Pat has a copy of the Little Prince, so I'll have another go.

Comments

Tim said…
It must have got up to 17c today in Deeside... We have a heat wave on here! If it wasn't for the near gail force wind it might be warm...
Alan said…
It's been cold here today. Rainy, only 23.3, downright chilly.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen