First the bad news

The tax lady phoned today. I do have to fill in a French tax return this year. OK. So far so good.

However the complication is that I also have to declare my UK salary from 1 January 2005 to 31 August 2005, and the tax I paid on it. This is so they can take that into account in working out my French tax etc.

Of course, I have not yet filled in my British tax form for April 2005 to April 2006. The form is not due till next January. Good this, isn't it!

Thankfully I have payslips to cover January to July, and August I will calculate. The reason for the complication is that the French tax year runs Jan - Dec.

The good news - I have been wondering whether I will get hay fever here. Every year I wonder if I will "grow out" of my hay fever and every year I have to start taking the pills. Well, I just looked in my diary to see when I started on anti-histamines last year, and it was 14 May. So I have had an extra fortnight without pills. I have some symptoms; a bit of itchiness in the eyes, early morning sneezing, but nothing needing pills yet. Perhaps my allergen isn't very common down here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen