Wonderful stuff (and be careful to pronounce both fs in stuff !)

Just rite for an English class.


I have just been for a haircut - I am getting used to seeing the grey hairs glinting in the mirror. The young lady asked me if I am forrin, being as I have got an accent, and I explained that I am Welsh. She said 'Oh between England and Ireland". I thought "That'll do".

We talked about how hard it is to learn English. Oh yes, it is. The pronunciation is, if you'll pardon the expression, all to pot.

And she said "And they do not understand our expressions. I said 'the fingers in the nose' and they didn't understand".

I'm not surprised. I taught her easy-peasy, which is a rough equivalent.

Comments

Amrita said…
Ha...ha...that 's funny
Anonymous said…
Thank you for that link Alan, I've just had a whale of a time on their website.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen