Bugs !

I was not a happy bunny yesterday. In fact I thought I was ill.

Well I came out in this rash - little pustules just like mosquito bites, but loads of them and in stupid places where mosquitos can't get you - abdomen, tops of legs, even my seat !

I thought it must be shingles, though the rash wasn't right. Then I imagined visiting the doctor and inviting her to examine the rash on my tail end. I was glum. I realised that I'd have to go and see her though - what if it is contagious ?

So I mentioned it to Nurse Davey.

"They're bites", she said, "I've got 'em, too".

And so she had, and in the same places.

hmmm.

On Sunday the service was at St Loubès which is on the banks of the Dordogne on very low marshy land. There are drainage ditches everywhere which do not drain and the garden has those cracks that are typical of land that waterlogs then dries out. I know that it is rich in mosquitos of every kind, but ones that bite you through your clothes in daytime ? Surely not.

Today I saw one of the church guys. He didn't get bitten but his wife is covered - all over her abdomen. Then we saw the Foucachons. Yes - they get them too.

Apparently it's caused by tiny midges - almost microscopic - that fly up your trouser legs, then once they can fly no further ( like round your waist or seat ) they bite you.

I like Pessac. Stick insects I can cope with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen