They say that everyone has at least one book inside them

They are wrong ! 

I have to write just a few simple things, almost everything in English, and you'd swear I was trying to climb Everest in rollerskates.

Basically in English I have to write our prayer letter (that one's OK once you decide what you need to say) and an article for an august Christian magazine. One thing is sure: once they read what I produce they'll never ask me again ! 

That should be my motto. "Never knowingly asked again."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Having just gone to the 'Telegraph' link above, I thought it appropriate to enquire of you, do you mean, '...climb Everest ON rollerskates'? Or maybe you meant IN rollerBOOTS? Just a thought!
Alan said…
You want to keep away from those dodgy sites where people have a go at each other about their use and abuse of English, you know :)
Anonymous said…
What would a Welshman, know about that subject??? I saw on the site that they were having a go at some of our cousins from across the pond too. It would be fun were it not just too easy.

Popular posts from this blog

One difference between we French and the anglo-saxon mindset is that

A bit about music exams in UK and France

Three weeks in Blighty