Isaac Watts does Psalm 92

SWEET is the work, my God, my King,
to praise Your Name, give thanks and sing;
to show Your love by morning light,
and talk of all Your truth at night.

Sweet is the day of sacred rest,
no mortal cares disturb my breast;
O may my heart in tune be found,
like David’s harp of solemn sound!

My heart shall triumph in the Lord,
and bless His works and bless His Word;
Your works of grace, how bright they shine,
how deep Your counsels, how divine!

And I shall share a glorious part,
when grace has well refined my heart;
and fresh supplies of joy are shed,
like holy oil, to cheer my head.

Sin, my worst enemy before,
shall vex my eyes and ears no more;
my inward foes shall all be slain,
nor Satan break my peace again.

Then shall I see, and hear, and know
all I desired or wished below;
and every power find sweet employ
in that eternal world of joy.

Isaac Watts, 1674-1748

but please, not to Deep Harmony. Instead to Orlando Gibbons' Angels song

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen