A quick little matter for prayer

I'm asthmatic. Normally I have no symptoms at all, but from time to time I have allergic reactions to cats, dogs, etc... And the hay fever season can be a bit uncomfortable.

Anyway, since moving my chest hasn't yet settled down. I am on the verge of going to the doctor for advice, though I know what the British doctors normally said - use your inhaler three times a day and on demand at night till it settles down in about three weeks' time...

Meanwhile, my blood test results seem fine.

The only figure outside the normal range was for eosinophiles, where the normal range is 0 - 500, and my level was 520. I think the doctor will probably shrug, say bof and see what next year's test says. Everything else seems fine. Jolly good!

And my cholesterol level is fine.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Apparently these eosinophiles are 'a type of white blood cell involved in allergic and other reactions'. That's most likely the link to your Asthma. Hmm, perhaps this moving house episode has disturbed loads of dust and particles that you wouldn't normally be breathing in. Perhaps your inhalers isn't a bad idea. Though don't take my word for it, self diagnosing isn't the best advice!
Glad your cholesterol is low. I find my supposed low fat diet very difficult to keep to. So that's a blessing for you.
Alan said…
Aha!

That link occurred to me as a possibility, but when I looked on the internet all I saw was nightmare inflammatory diseases treated with cytotoxins and sending you to glory in the fast lane!

So I stopped looking.
Alan said…
Aha! Antihistamines! I found some that have not expired so I have started on them and I think (second day in) that they're helping.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen