A good trip when driving

I confess that long journeys on motorways are hopelessly soporific for me.

It's a nightmare.

More than once I have suddenly realised that the lorry on front is suddenly nearer than it was, and that because I have been somewhat too absent.

I worked with a chap who lost his whole family in a car crash because he fell asleep at the wheel, so these things are to be taken very seriously.

What to do ?

Stop at the first services and drink a nice strong cup of coffee. Then take a short nap. In the car is OK, or in a quiet corner of the café. Then use the loo and resume your journey.

This advice, which I heard some years ago, may have saved my life. Who knows.

Read an article about it here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen