A good trip when driving

I confess that long journeys on motorways are hopelessly soporific for me.

It's a nightmare.

More than once I have suddenly realised that the lorry on front is suddenly nearer than it was, and that because I have been somewhat too absent.

I worked with a chap who lost his whole family in a car crash because he fell asleep at the wheel, so these things are to be taken very seriously.

What to do ?

Stop at the first services and drink a nice strong cup of coffee. Then take a short nap. In the car is OK, or in a quiet corner of the café. Then use the loo and resume your journey.

This advice, which I heard some years ago, may have saved my life. Who knows.

Read an article about it here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One difference between we French and the anglo-saxon mindset is that

A bit about music exams in UK and France

Three weeks in Blighty