Wow ! What a day ! Quelle efficacité !

Began with the team prayer meeting chez les Griffin, which was a good time. Then collect Gwilym for lunch, Catrin ate in school, Pat doing student surveys.

After lunch to student centre. A slight concern because there was a demo scheduled for 2pm and I thought they'd stop my tram and make me walk with the BIG HEAVY MISSION LAPTOP from St Nicolas, but the tram went straight through to Hotel de Ville. Great.

At the student centre -

1) build Ikea bookshelf. Our old bookshelf had lived in many locations and finally could only stand up if propped against something and if nudged it threw its books everywhere. So on Wednesday I bought a new bookcase (Fiona had previously seen pictures and give her approval - MONTHS previously I confess !) It all went together well.

I considered leaving the books to be sorted by someone else, then remembered the old slogan "If not now, when ? If not you, who ?" and got on and did it.

2) Fix computer. The screen on the student centre office PC had yielded up the spirit. A friend had sent 50 euros recently and madame had given her consent to this being put towards a new screen but first .... I took the screen and plugged it into the mission laptop. It worked fine. Hah ! The problem was the anti-surge multi-adaptor. I threw it in the bin and off we went.

3) Get wifi working under Vista - episode II. Fiona's laptop wouldn't connect either. I found the button on the Dartybox and the option in the menus deep in Vista's innards and - Bob's your uncle ! Yay !

4) Prepare bible study on Isaiah 40. In the final event we only really started this by talking about the context and about the exile and Hezekiah and stuff, then about our context and financial crises and so on. For some of the students from Caribbean ex-colonies of France food inflation at home is a major issue. Spent time in prayer together.

5) After the Bible study off to a café to celebrate Fiona's birthday. This is where the cherry got put on a pretty good cake because (get this) there was me and 6 young ladies in the Café des Arts near the Musée d'Aquitaine, a café I have always wanted to go to. Me and 6 "young ladies" - I think the waiters were probably wondering what my secret was.

Night-bus home. Tired today !

Comments

Anonymous said…
What about, "...six young ladies and me"? (Well let's face it, I'm much better looking than you and so much more deserving of such company!) Er, one leetle thought, who pays?
Alan said…
Both your points are good and valid.

However in terms of an 'after-Bible-study Fiona's birthday celebration coffee in a café' you just were not in the right place at the right time.

Four of said young ladies had no cash with them ! But I only ended paying for one small mug of chocolat chaud in addition to my own.
Anonymous said…
And they say that chivalry's still not dead! (Mind, which gets priority, chivalry or impecunity???)

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen