This fortnight is school hols

but it is business as usual (well we hope not exactly as usual, but you know what I mean) at the student centre and I have various appointments which I must try to remember to turn up at :

Thursday : Conseil Présbytéral

Friday : collect old 17" monitor from Cestas, followed by permanence displaced from Thursday

Tuesday 24 : Opthalmo ¤

Mustn't forget. They're all in my diary but I forget to look at it...

¤ it's a laugh this age thing, isn't it ! I made the appointment with the ophthalmologist because some years ago when I was merely 40 the optician in North Wales told me that I had an astigmatism, that my eyes were changing and that soon I would need glasses.

I have been OK except for a few small things : Pat reads the signs over lanes of traffic for me because she sees them before I do. I find it hard to tell if the overhead projector is focused or not and I keep fiddling with it to get it into better focus when nobody else can see any problem at all!

Anyway for a while after making the appointment I could barely read anything at all at a distance ! Once I forgot that I had the stupid thing coming up I could read everything perfectly well again (with a bit of normal 'fill in the gaps')

Which confirms my opinion that it isn't my eyes that's the problem so much as the stuff behind them that they're connected to that's duff...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen