At the ADD Bible stall

Yesterday I had an appointment at 10 at the Gambetta postoffice and then I did a quick tour of cafés (just from the outside) looking at possible venues for soirées, English classes, etc.

I walked to Victoire through the stalls of the Grande Braderie - when in theory the shopkeepers sell off at knock-down prices their remaining unsold sale goods. There's also lots of extra stalls for doughnuts, ethnic clothing, etc, and the Assemblée de Dieu have a Bible Stall right by Victoire every year. I stopped to have a look what they are giving away as cheap Bibles (the same one as we use, though they bought in vast quantities and got a better deal).

Anyway a very neat chap came up and said :

"Have you read the Bible ?"

"Um, yes, a bit..." (Typical Alan answer... In English it would have been "It has been known...")

"And the Coran, I imagine ?"

"Come again ?"

"You're Muslim ?"

"No, I've only read small parts of the Coran.."

I put the guy out of his misery by confessing that I was a missionaire and that I wanted to know what Bibles they give out. But I think I'll keep the beard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen