Some scenes of Bordeaux


The first is simply of people waiting at the tram stop at Victoire.

The second is a typical Bordeaux thing that amazes me. A really nice stone arch that is just falling to pieces. You see lovely stone buildings that are just crumbling.

The third also amazed me. 4ème Cripple Creek Western Festival, à St Médard en Jalles. OK. Bon.

The fourth is a common sight. An advert. It goes "Bon CV, mais do you speak English? Yes, I speak English. Wall Street English!" Wall Street English is a language school in Bordeaux where, presumably, people are taught to speak like American financiers.

I had this idea of starting a rival English school called "The Queen's English". (Oh yes she is!) The poster would have George Bush and Her Maj on it, and she would be saying "Don't speak like him! Speak like me, with The Queen's English".

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
It may be different in France but they still have the same fabric on their tram seats as we do on our buses! What's my colleague doing in Bordeaux? I'm sure it's her in one of the photos, and she said she was sick!!
Seriously, I love the photos. I know they can't capture it all, but it gives us a good sense of where you are.
Alan said…
I remembered afterwards that the first picture is of my favouritely named pizzeria - Speed Rabbit Pizza. I hope they are referring to the quickness of the cuisine, not the ingredients.

Another joyously named Pizzeria is called "Boulevard Pizz'". Is that meant to rhyme with fizz, or with feets?
Alan said…
We also have lots of establishments of the "French Coffee Shop". Why is there a place called the "French Coffee Shop" in France? And how do they pronounce it?

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen