A near miss!

I was just about to delete a spam e-mail from someone I'd never heard of that talked about "your mortgage offer" (pull the other one!), when I thought I had better just check.

It was an e-mail from one of the banks saying our mortgage final offer is about to be posted.

Phew!

In these weeks of uncertainty I had been considering what we would do if we ended up not getting a mortgage. We'd lose the deposit we have paid so far, certainly. Though it is not enormous, that would be hard. But we'd also have to rethink seriously what to do, because we could never buy outright within reach of Bordeaux a house big enough to live in.

We would have considered perhaps buying a gite to rent out or maybe buying a smaller house to let out.

Anyway. It looks like we are in the home straight.

(Home straight...! Geddit?)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Note my self control, I'm still not saying it!

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen