One Year Bible

It's hard to have good habits, but the One Year Bible really helps because it makes it as easy as possible to read through the Bible in a year. It gives you four readings - OT, NT, Psalm and Proverbs, and I like that kind of balance. * I am sure it could be improved on, but it is still very good.

It's available in French, but as far as I know only in the Français Courant, which is a bit like the Good News Bible. I've ordered a little supply of a booklet in French that gives you the One Year Bible readings suitable for popping into any translation you prefer.

This website gives you similar divisions, using the Louis Segond 1910 translation. They'll also send you the readings in an e-mail each day. This is especially good for me, because I also have the MP3 files of the Louis Segond, so I can hear and read at the same time. Good, eh?

http://www.christianismeaujourdhui.info/lire_la_bible.php?NT=0

The website linked to by clicking on the title above makes it as easy for anglophones. It gives you today's readings in the ESV, and it will even play you a recording of Max Maclean reading it.



* The Bible in One Year, however, divides up differently and gives you either Psalms or Proverbs each day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen