BOOK - A house for my name (A Survey of the Old Testament) by Peter Leithart

OK. Some books arrived this morning. Among them were The Kingdom and the Power and A house for my name, both by Peter Leithart. I had ordered them because so many people recommend his books that I thought it was worth a try.

Well so far I have read the introduction, which takes you to page 42. And it really is good!

You'll find lots of reviews if you google the title and the author. You'll find one short review if you click on the title of this post...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Alan, I would be very glad of a careful critique, either here or by e-mail, of this book - being as you've already bought it and I'm dead tight! The subject matter and the way it appears that he might deal with it look very interesting. Who knows, I may even lash out and purchase. Wowee!
MartinY said…
Ken

That sounds an excellent idea. Hopefully Alan will give enough detail so I don't have to spend money on the book. < G >
Anonymous said…
Martin, glad of the support of another numismatist. However, have you noticed the sudden deafening silence from Alan on this subject???
Alan said…
Come on, chaps! How fast do you think I read?
Anonymous said…
Are you asking about big words like 'elephant' or little words like 'the'? If it's those big words, well not very.........!
Anonymous said…
Well, have you finished it yet, or are the elephants getting in the way of your progress?
Alan said…
No. Not finished it yet. Too many big words!
Anonymous said…
Touche! (Sorry, no accent available for the 'e').
Anonymous said…
Well?
Alan said…
I don't know where it is!

It's probably in some box somewhere under the stairs...

I'll never be able to have a proper book review site, will I?

Still, meanwhile here's one that works!

http://www.challies.com/archives/cat_book_reviews.php

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen