Yesterday's exams

Histoire contemporaine. The lecturer set us an essay last week, for which he gave us a chapter of a book to summarise, organise and produce an essay entitled "What does France today owe to the Révolution and to the Empire". So we all thought we'd have something similar for the exam.

No. The exam paper had on it "La Révolution française". I laughed. But I had such fun. I just hope he has a sense of humour. I got a bit poetic towards the end.

"If one is free today, etc...", the "european vision", etc.
and
"Some nations are proud of their one constitution (and its amendments). Other nations are proud of having no constitution. But France is proud of having made more than five constitutions in the conviction that one can rebuild a nation from scratch"

Then in the afternoon "Etude stylistique". We had to write about the allegories, metaphors, similes and other stylistic devices in two works of art.

The first "Le Vaisseau" showed a whale morphing into a ship with the text "How ships are born".

The second was Magritte's famous "La clef des songes", where I was so busy writing about the little objects and the words that I didn't notice the window through which he has you see them!

I throughly enjoyed myself, though I do write a terrible lot of tosh. Sometimes I really embarrass myself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen