Sunday at Floirac

Yesterday morning Dik Brienen from the ERE in Montauban preached. http://eremontauban.free.fr/

I found it very helpful in lots of ways.

1) Dik is Dutch. The Dutch accent works really well in English, but they find French harder. Dik has been in France for 14 years and the Montauban church has known some degree of blessing recently. He is also the chairman of the local regional synod and chairs with grace, wisdom and good humour. I guess he's in his 50s.

2) Dik and his wife didn't have the same kind of formal French language traning that we are having. Whatever the shortcomings of the DEFLE, you get a lot of French tuition!

3) Dik preached on the patience of the Lord Jesus Christ in veiling his majesty and person during the long years at Nazareth. Timely for me. I get so CROSS with myself that there's so much stuff I can't do! This language thing is so SLOW. Why won't my brain work PROPERLY? I HATE the way this takes so much TIME!

Still - patience, eh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen