EXAMS!

I thought I'd post Alan's exam timetable, so you can laugh at his misery.

Monday 23 January 15h00 - 15h30 Phonétique (oral)

Monday 30 January 13h30 - 15h30 Compte Rendu (over with that one it'll be good to get - sorry about that, but I get complaints about my English deteriorating)

Tuesday 31 January 8h30 - 10h30 Civilisation française

Wednesday 1 February 8h30 - 10h30 Litterature actuelle

Wednesday 1 February 15h45 - 17h45 Grammaire (we hope Pat has no exams that day!)

Thursday 2 February 10h45 - 12h45 Histoire contemporaine

Thursday 2 February 13h30 - 16h30 Stylistique (that must be wrong, they're all 2 hours)

Friday 3 February 10h45 - 12h45 Anglais, traduction de l'

I am missing one, too - there should be another Phonétique exam in there somewhere, where we have to answer questions like "describe the e in abattre" and do a dictation and find four different ways of spelling the sound of "e" in "egg" and stuff like that.

Then we have about a week to wait before the results are posted. The lecturers spend two days in deliberation, but there are LOADS of us to grade and sort and assign.

Once the exams are over I am going to celebrate by reading a good Christian book in French just for enjoyment (I mean not like the books of French church history I am reading - Europresse have some Jerry Bridges in French, but I'd rather read something not from translation) and "La vie, mode d'emploi" by Georges Perec, which is either going to be great fun or really hard work. It's certainly big.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen