Alan's first morning back at DEFLE

was a bit of a shock to the system, though it was GREAT to see the gang again.

After a few of us had had a heated argument about the "futur dans le passé", which one girl says is the "futur antérieur", but she is WRONG - that is the "passé dans le futur", we began with the fabled and dreaded Compte Rendu - ma bête noire - my nightmare!

Well the lecturer started out by explaining that we all had lots of work to do in these next three weeks, and that places are very limited in the next level, the fourth degree, and entry to that will depend on how well you pass, but that our average mark was 8.5/20, and we all needed to read more, and it is possible to get good marks because 3 people got 18 and a whole lot more stuff like that.

And I was thinking of all the Saturday events these next three weeks that are really important, like the extraordinary synod at Toulouse, and the Saturday morning theology course, and the AGM of the Fédération Evangélique de France near Paris.

Then she called us out one by one to get our marks. I thought if I get 10 I'll be over the moon. Any more than 10 will be bliss. After all, it's my nightmare.

I got 17/20. I have just had my celebration lunch of chicken and green beans (2€15 at the student café) and I have come to the conclusion that someone somewhere has been praying.

So thanks so much for praying! Please now pray for English translation, for civilisation and for contemporary literature, because I am SO going to fail those!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen