Well that was a funny Easter

Our friend Peter came back from holidays all full of lovely energy so there was a mini mission of the Open Air Campaigners last week in Bordeaux. Pat and I went along as we could, which for me meant Tuesday and Wednesday and for Pat, Friday. 

On Friday, Good Friday, a time of prayer was scheduled followed by open air preaching. I sat happily on the bus heading into town and wondered why I was aching in strange places after my morning run. 

I mean, why my shoulders? Why my head? And why all the shaking?

By the time I got to where the others were it was pretty clear I had the flu or something, so I was despatched straight back home to bed with ibuprofen, paracetamol and lots of coffee and water.

And there I stayed until Sunday, basically. James was preaching on part of 1 Corinthians 15, Christ the first fruits. I got to the service, got home and got back to bed.

Yesterday I stayed up all day! Yay! And a gang of folk came round to eat, play, hunt eggs in our tiny garden and then watch the Village. 

Today I feel - well yesterday I was an origami man - made of folded paper. 
Today I am bone china. Still fragile but a bit stronger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen