Late night meal and lie-in, etc...

Well there we are. This week I finished reading Disgrace by Coetzee. It reminded me a bit of Cabinet Portrait, by Benoziglio, for which I must issue a naughty word warning... Both are stories of guys in the process of dying out (stories of slow, progressive death - not by age or disease but simply by being obsolete). Disgrace raises big questions about the replacing of regimes and cultures, and difficult times of transition.

I have been longing for a lie-in, and this morning I didn't get up till after 8. Hurrah ! And I still feel pleasantly full of chicken, beans, taters and Black Forest chocolate brownies. Yum yum, eh ! Somehow "Cat à la broche" doesn't sound such a good idea this morning, though.

Today - a quick shopping raid to the supermarket and to Ikea - we are crucially short of mugs. We blame tiled floors - what falls breaks and lots of mugs fall. Then I must ensure that I am good and ready for tomorrow morning and evening, including printing orders of service, etc, because we have an overnight guest this evening who's coming for Dik's installation tomorrow afternoon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen