Just had some bank statements arrive from Britain

I am a little concerned about falling interest rates and their effect on the long term value of our savings in the UK :

In our Firstdirect Accounts we have :

Everyday Savings = 0.00
Current account = 0.39p (we really ought to transfer this into savings account)

In our Virgin One account we have £47.92 following the addition of 4p interest this month.

What got me, though, was their closing calculation :

An update on your overall financial position

What you own
Your home, based on the last valuation = £5.00

What you owe
Your One account balance as at 31/10/2008 = £47.92

The difference between what you own and what you owe = £52.92

It looks to me as if they have just given us a fiver... That CAN'T be right, can it ?

(Yes - you've guessed it. Pat married me for my money.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
You seem an ideal candidate for my well rehearsed begging letter; kindly supply address by return. Oh! And if you could send me an U.K. postage stamp at the correct rate for Europe, it'd be ever so gratefully received, don't worry about an envelope, I have one that my tax demand arrived in this morning, that'll do. Ta!
Larry said…
Your home is worth 5 quid? Genius! (Being a student I understand nuttin about money other than I seem to always be giving it away to people; landlord, bus companies, university...
Anonymous said…
As I haven't received a reply from Alan with his address for my carefully phrased begging letter, pleaser allow me to say that you seem an appropriately nice (and maybe even gullible???) person Larry. Perhaps you would be prepared to supply the details requested of 'himself'? I realise that you're a student, but at worst, it would make a morale-building dry run, and who knows????
Alan said…
Ken you are incorrigible.

Larry, watch out or you'll be giving money away to people; Ken, landlord, Ken, bus companies, Ken, university, Ken...
Anonymous said…
Alan, you missed out, Ken, Ken and Ken.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen