Boy have I opened a can of worms or what !

Basically the disk cloning program Acronis TrueImage thingie ground to a halt 3% through the copy.

So after a few attempts I downloaded a different program, which complained about a particular file.

So I thought "You should have run chkdsk anyway". I ran it. It ground to halt 37% through checking something or other.

So it appears that my poor laptop has an unhappy hard disk !

I'll try a few other wizard wheezes to see if I can kick the disk into submission. If not then I'll have to just pop in the new disk, restore the Fujitsu xp system (I have the restore disk), reload every piece of software I have on the beast, copy over the data that's on there and so on. Probably take a week all-told !

GROAN !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen